Disclaimer

The views in this blog are mine personally, and do not reflect those of The Peace Corps or any United States Government Agency.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Something Lighter

The West African Intermural Softball Tournament (WAIST) was a blast - Team Cape Niger (Cape Verde + Niger) was undefeated until Team Niger had to deflect and head home for language class on Monday. Bummer! It was great to meet tons of people, and here's hoping they remember how nice I am and not how awkward I was. It was just so overwhelming! I was also misinformed about my new region, so I spent a solid morning introducing myself as the "new volunteer" in X region, being raucously welcomed, and then retracting that information and having to introduce myself to a whole new crowd. People are still confused about where I'm posted, as am I, to be honest. In the end it will all work out!
Just had an unexpected phone call from our agriculture trainer who will be working with us next week. It went something like this:

Trainer: Hjiggdskhfh
Me: Hello? What?
Trainer: Feeejgjjgkdk?
Me: What? Who is this?
Trainer: Fooeebbe?
Me: Phoebe! Yes! That's me!
Trainer: (Several intense agriculture questions that I didn't know the answer to)
Me: Uh...I don't know (several times)
Trainer: Well I guess I know what to work on next week during your training. So, you're Italian?

This is just my week for awkward interactions, I think. I'll let you know if any more crop up before Saturday. I'm also becoming quite adept at hair cutting - income generating activity, anyone?

<3 Phoebe

No comments:

Post a Comment